tirsdag den 27. november 2012

Stanza 7, Listen Mr. Oxford don

Gruppe: Lene, Vicky, Line P., Martin.


7. strofe skrevet på ”almindelig engelsk”

I am not a violent man mr. Oxford Don

I am only armed with my human breath

But human breath is a dangerous weapon

 

1.       grammatisk fejl: 7. strofe, vers 1

Der mangler et komma efter ”man”

2.       grammatisk fejl: 7. strofe, vers 2

”I only” skal være ”I am only”

3.       grammatisk fejl: 7. strofe, vers 2

”wit” staves med ”h” til sidst = with

4.        grammatisk fejl: 7. strofe, vers 2

”mih” staves ”my”

The ”I” is not violent but armed with a dangerous weapon and that weapon is his human breath.

 

The ”I”s offence is not speaking English, correctly. He makes a virtueof not speaking correctly, and making a muggery of the Queens English.

 

The ”I” is a bad influence on the English snobbish perfectionism. He is threatening the English language, by not being grammaticly correct in his writing and speaking.He is not violent physically, but in his way of speaking the words.

1 kommentar:

Bemærk! Kun medlemmer af denne blog kan sende kommentarer.