tirsdag den 27. november 2012

'Stanza 5: Double AA - Drinking Bayer - Free Villy!!

'Stanza 5: Double AA - Drinking Bayer - Free Villy!

  1. Rewrite the stanza you are responsible for into Standard English (using no contractions, slang or any kind of ‘oral’ language).
  • I warning you Mr Oxford don
I'm a wanted man
And a wanted man
Is a dangerous one

  • I am warning you Mr Oxford don
I am a wanted man
A wanted man
And a dangerous one.


  1. Afterwards find between 1-3 grammatical errors in the stanza you have been assigned and try to explain in Danish what the problem with each error is (so, remember you grammar book).
  • I warning you Mr Oxford don
I'm a wanted man
And a wanted man
Is a dangerous one

1 fejl. 1 person i nutid - I am (Jeg er) så man kan altså ikke sige "i warning you mr oxford don" men i stedet skrive "I am warning you Mr. Oxford don"
2 fejl: 3 person i nutid - It is (Den er) så man kan altså ikke sige "is a dangerous one" men skal i stedet skrive "it is a dangerous one"

  1. Answer these three questions:

a) What facts are we given about the I? Try to characterise the I briefly based on the facts.

He is a man on the run. He is a wanted man. He is not a violent man. He is a immigrate.

He is a well-educated man, but because of the way he talk a lot of people are offended and does not understand what he is saying.

b) I'm a man on de run, the I says. What is his offence?

His offence is his language against the British dictionary.

c) Human breath / is a dangerous weapon. How does the I threaten British society?

He treats the British society well.

1 kommentar:

  1. Rigtig gode svar især af de sidste spørgsmål. Også nogle fine forklaringer af de grammatiske fejl, selvom den fejl I kalder 'fejl 2' altså ikke er en fejl. Sætninger hænger sammen med den foregående linje, således at det bliver 'and a man on de run is a dangerous one'.

    SvarSlet

Bemærk! Kun medlemmer af denne blog kan sende kommentarer.